At DCP Therapy, we offer therapy for adults with a formal clinical diagnosis or psychological difficulties that may arise as a result of a stressful life event.
Assessment and therapy for the following are available:
- Anxiety Disorders- panic, generalised anxiety disorder, health anxiety, phobias, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Family and relationship related problems- also including cross cultural relationship issues
- Mood Disorders- including Depression, Bipolar Affective Disorder, Low mood
- Personality Disorders- Borderline/Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder and Narcissistic Personality Disorder
- Psychosis- Schizophrenia, Schizo-affective
- Self-esteem/Confidence building
- Work related stress management
- Childhood Trauma – including emotional, sexual and physical abuse
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)/Complex Trauma – to enable adjustment following a traumatic life event such as a road traffic accident, bullying/harassment, physical/sexual assault or abuse
Approaches to therapy
The client’s needs are at the heart of what is offered at DCP therapy. Evidence-based interventions are offered as well as approaches that draw from cognitive, behavioural, attachment and psychodynamic principles. These include:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT) – third wave CBT with a focus on emotions
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- Affect Phobia Therapy (APT) – a short term experiential dynamic therapy
Occasionally, an integrative approach to therapy may be necessary if the client is likely to find this more beneficial. That is, drawing from a combination of therapeutic models rather than adhering to one approach.
Contact us by email or telephone to find out how we can help you. In the first instance, you will be offered a telephone consultation prior to a face to face assessment session.